Two age-appropriate liturgies for the children held in St. George’s Chapel and led by the Chapel leaders.
The 9:15 AM service is for the First through Fifth grades. The children participate in the service by leading the Prayers of the People, reading the Old Testament scripture, presenting the Communion elements, and serving as acolytes and ushers.
At the 10:20 AM liturgy, lay Chapel leaders guide the Preschool-Kindergarten children (two through six-year-olds) through a special age-appropriate Children’s Eucharist.
The Church School curriculum at The Church of St. Michael & St. George for children enrolled in Preschool through the Fifth Grade is based on our shared church experience as the Family of God. Each grade concentrates on age-appropriate themes. All of the children’s programs include art, music, and outreach projects that support each class’ particular curriculum.
- Preschoolers (two, three, and four-year-olds) participate in Church School as “Godly Play” with time for play, snacks, music, and learning about God in their life through Bible stories and art projects.
- Pre-Kindergarten (four-year-olds turning five) learn about Baptism and how water is a theme that can be found throughout the Bible.
- Kindergarten children concentrate on the sacrament of the Eucharist.
- First Graders learn Bible stories from both the Old and New Testaments.
- Second Graders learn about the Old Testament in more detail.
- Third Graders concentrate on lessons focusing on the New Testament.
- Fourth and Fifth Graders are separated into groups of boys and girls. Using the “Witness” curriculum, students continue to study the Old and New Testaments in a way that applies lessons directly to their lives. All students participate in a monthly outreach project.
Jane Fisher, Director of Children’s Education: 314.721.1502, #4033, Email
For information on our Sunday programming for youth enrolled in the Sixth through 12th grades, please visit our Youth Ministry page.
Information about our programs for infants and toddlers
CHILDREN’S LITURGY (Summer Schedule)
Preschool – 3rd Grade: Children meet downstairs at 10 AM for a lectionary-based activity and join their parents in the Church for communion throughout the summe