There are a variety way to help during this crisis. Contact Laurie Brown at email@example.com. to learn more.
1. Trinity Episcopal Church (600 N. Euclid, St. Louis MO 63108):
- Food donations are accepted on Tuesdays from 10 AM to 1 PM and Thursdays from 2 to 3:30 PM. Requested items include toilet tissue, bar soap, toothpaste, canned chicken, canned fruit in 100% juice, chili with beans, Vienna sausages, tuna in vacuum packs, creamy peanut butter in regular size jars, and in individual packs, saltine crackers, powdered milk, cereal, regular or individual size.
- Monetary donations also are accepted. Contact Rev. Barbi Click at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817.312.4430.
2. The Last Days Apostolic Church
- The Last Days Apostolic Church Sunday Donation Drive begins again on September 27.
FOOD AND MONEY ACCEPTED:
· at any Sunday morning service or
· at the St. Michael’s Day Parade on September 27 from 11:00 – 12:00 or
· on any Sunday from 4:00-4:30 PM on the Ellenwood side or
· at Becky Zaccarello’s house (24 Carrswold Dr. Clayton, MO Call 314.494.0788) or
· by ordering online and sending to Becky’s house.
ITEMS NEEDED: masks (purchased or handmade), peanut butter, jelly, stews, canned meats/fish, soup, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, ramen noodles, rice mixes, pasta, pasta sauce, canned vegetables, tomato products, toilet paper, paper towels, sanitizing items, plastic wrap, soap, dish & laundry soap, plastic bags, fruit cups, cereal protein bars (no chocolate coating), beef jerky, tuna pouches, individual snacks, lotion, bottled water, individual juices, manual can openers, body wipes, deodorants, travel toothbrushes & toothpaste, orange juice, lunch meat, cheese, cereal for adults (no peanut butter), half-gallon milk, feminine hygiene products
VEHICLES & DRIVERS NEEDED: Wish to be a driver? Contact Alison Wiedle (email@example.com; call 314.307.8300 or text same number)
3. Gateway 180: Send a monetary donation. (1000 19th Street, St. Louis, MO 63104)
4. Make a monetary donation to CSMSG Hunger Ministry.
Thank you to all who made monetary donations. In July a total of $10,000 was donated to Ascension Food Pantry, Trinity Episcopal Church, Saint Peter & Paul Community Church, and Holy Cross Episcopal Church. To make a donation or to volunteer, please contact Becky Zaccarello at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.494.0788 or Alison Wiedle at email@example.com or 314.307.8300.
Church Service League (ECW) is organizing a collection of masks to be distributed from the Last Days Apostolic Church distribution center to 65 North City and North County African-American churches.
Order masks online and send to parishioner Becky Zaccarello (24 Carrswold Dr., Clayton, MO 63105)
Make masks (Google “DIY Face Mask Erica Made”) for a Youtube video or “How to sew a face mask – Confesssions of a Homeschooler” for suggested directions. Elastic strips or cloth ties are ok. Contact Alison Wiedle when completed for pickup. (Call or text 314.307.8300) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MAKE BIRTHDAY CARDS FOR KIDS IN DETENTION
Episcopal City Mission/Kids in Detention volunteers are not able to host birthday parties at the St. Louis County Detention Center but will supply the center with items needed to recognize birthdays, including pizza and birthday cake. All parishioners are invited to make cards with an uplifting bible verse or simple birthday message for youth celebrating birthdays. Please leave cards in the container marked “Birthday Cards for ECM” located underneath the bench in the Page Garden on the north side of the church.