There are a variety way to help during this crisis. Contact Laurie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. to learn more.
1. Trinity Episcopal Church (600 N. Euclid, St. Louis MO 63108):
- Food donations are accepted on Tuesdays from 10 AM to 1 PM and Thursdays from 2 to 3:30 PM. Requested items include: canned chicken, canned fruit in 100% juice, chili with beans, Vienna sausages, tuna in vacuum packs, creamy peanut butter in regular size jars and in individual packs, saltine crackers, powdered milk, cereal, regular or individual size.
- Monetary donations also are accepted. Contact Rev. Barbi Click at email@example.com or 817.312.4430.
2. The Last Days Apostolic Church
- Food and monetary donations are accepted on Sunday mornings at CSMSG, on Sundays from 4 to 4:30 PM on the Ellenwood side of CSMSG, or at Becky Zacarello’s house, 24 Carrswold Dr., Clayton, MO. Online grocery orders also may be sent to Becky’s house. Please call Becky at 314.494.0788 for details.
- Items requested include: masks (purchased or handmade), peanut butter, jelly, stews, canned meats/fish, soup, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, ramen noodles, rice mixes, pasta, pasta sauce, canned vegetables, tomato products, toilet paper, paper towels, sanitizing items, plastic wrap, soap, dish & laundry soap, plastic bags, fruit cups, cereal protein bars (no chocolate coating), beef jerky, tuna pouches, individual snacks, lotion, bottled water, individual juices, manual can openers, body wipes, deodorants, travel toothbrushes & toothpaste, orange juice, lunch meat, cheese, cereal for adults (no peanut butter), half- gallon milk, feminine products, Chef Boyardee or Dinty Moore products.
- Vehicles and drivers are needed. To volunteer to deliver donations, contact Alison Wiedle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 314.307.8300.
3. Gateway 180: Send a monetary donation. (1000 19th Street, St. Louis, MO 63104)
4. Make a monetary donation to CSMSG Hunger Ministry.
Thank you to all who made monetary donations. In July a total of $10,000 was donated to Ascension Food Pantry, Trinity Episcopal Church, Saint Peter & Paul Community Church and Holy Cross Episcopal Church. To make a donation or to volunteer, please contact Becky Zaccarello at email@example.com or 314.494.0788 or Alison Wiedle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.307.8300.
Church Service League (ECW) is organizing a collection of masks to be distributed from the Last Days Apostolic Church distribution center to 65 North City and North County African-American churches.
Order masks online and send to parishioner Becky Zaccarello (24 Carrswold Dr., Clayton, MO 63105)
Make masks (Google “DIY Face Mask Erica Made”) for a Youtube video or “How to sew a face mask – Confesssions of a Homeschooler” for suggested directions. Elastic strips or cloth ties are ok. Contact Alison Wiedle when completed for pickup. (Call or text 314.307.8300) or email email@example.com
MAKE BIRTHDAY CARDS FOR KIDS IN DETENTION
Episcopal City Mission/Kids in Detention volunteers are not able to host birthday parties at the St. Louis County Detention Center but will supply the center with items needed to recognize birthdays, including pizza and birthday cake. All parishioners are invited to make cards with an uplifting bible verse or simple birthday message for youth celebrating birthdays. Please leave cards in the container marked “Birthday Cards for ECM” located underneath the bench in the Page Garden on the north side of the church.